Premier League 2017/18 betting tips and recommendations
Every two weeks Betplanet.net will provide interesting bets and tips for different sports and competitions taking place around the world.
The English Premier League
The English Premier League kicks off on Friday 11th of August with Arsenal vs Leicester at 19.45, on Saturday 12th at 12.30, Watford are at home to Liverpool and then at 15.00 Chelsea are at home to Burnley. Brighton are at home playing Manchester City in the evening 17.30 game. Newcastle are home to Tottenham on Sunday 13th at 13.30 and then Manchester United play West Ham at 16.00 to finish the weekend’s fixtures.
(times given are standard U.K. times)
Individual Match Betting
Hundreds of match bets are available for individual match betting. For more detailed information please visit our football betting odds explained page.
Some interesting bets we found are:
Southampton vs Swansea
Swansea are 5/1 to win, 14-1 to win 1-0, 28/1 to win 2-0 and 150/1 to in 4-2.
It’s the first game of the season and so anything can happen. No team is fresh and each team starts wanting a win, in this sense teams are always more equal on the first day than any other day so we see value in this fixture.
You could do for example: 3 points on 1-0 and 2 points on 2-0 Southampton and 1 point on Swansea (for insurance and hope they don’t draw!
Watford vs Liverpool
Watford to beat Liverpool 1-0 @ 14/1 is not bad when Watford beat Liverpool twice last season – once in the FA CUP and once in the league!
The coupons for Premier League and the other English leagues available include fixtures, +/-1.5 goals scored, +/- 2.5 goals scored, match result and 3+ goals, draw no bet, enhanced odds, match result and both teams to score, to win either half, double chance.
Use these for your accumulator bets.
We like: Match Result and 3+goals: Man U, Man City and Chelsea in a “Trixie” – (4 bets of 3 doubles and a 1 treble)
Draw no bet: Everton, Newcastle, Swansea, Watford – 12 doubles & 1 x 4 fold accumulator
Individual Performance Betting
There are also hundreds of bet types available for you to gamble on individuals to score first, score last, score at any time, to score at any time, to score an own goal and to get sent off.
For those of you interested in “Debut” goal bets:
Lukaku to score first (or last) and United win 3-0 is 22/1
Solah (Liverpool vs Watford) to get a hat-trick is 50/1.
Technically not a “debut” but… Rooney to score for Everton on his return at any time is 6/4, a hat-trick is 50/1
Premier League countdown
William Hill are offering some interesting bets for the opening matches of the season:
- Arsenal And Liverpool Both To Win Their First 2 Matches @ 4/1
- Brighton To Lose Their First 3 Premier League Matches @ 5/1
- Arsenal, Chelsea And Man City All To Lead At Half Time And Full Time In Their Opening Match @ 6/1
- Man City And Man Utd Both To Win Their First 3 Premier League Matches @ 7/1
- Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Man Utd And Tottenham To Win Their Opening Premier League Games @ 8/1
- Huddersfield And Brighton Both To Lose Their First 2 Premier League Matches @ 10/1
Harry Kane And Romelu Lukaku Both To Score In The Opening Weekend @ 3/1
- Over 1 Goal In Each Of The 10 Premier League Matches In Round @ 19/1
- Over 38 Goals Scored In The First Round Of Premier League Matches @ 11/1
- Over 2 Goals In Each Of The Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea, Man City And Liverpool Matches In Week 1 @ 12/1
- Huddersfield To Lose Their First 4 Premier League Matches @ 13/1
- Harry Kane To Score In Each Of The First 4 Matches Of The Season @ 14/1
- Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea & Liverpool All To Win By Over 1 Goal In Their Opening Premier League Match @ 15/1
- Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd And Man City All To Win Their First 2 Premier League Matches @ 17/1
- All 10 Premier League Matches To Have A Goal In The First Half On The Opening Weekend @ 23/1
Season specials – Teams
- Man Utd To Win The Premier League And Romelu Lukaku To Be Top Premier League Goalscorer @ 16/1
- Man City To Finish Top And Brighton To Finish Bottom @ 18/1
- Tottenham To Remain Unbeaten At Wembley All Premier League Season @ 21/1
- Man Utd To Be Top And Brighton To Be Bottom At Christmas @ 24/1
Season specials – Players
Harry Kane And Romelu Lukaku Both To Score Over 25 Premier League Goals @ 20/1